Thursday, July 23, 2009

Pioneer Celebration

We were in Snowflake over the weekend to for their pioneer days festivities. It was such a fun trip. On the way there we went thru Flagstaff and hiked the Lava tube. We had a great time. The kids LOVED getting to hold their own flashlights. I was nervous on the climb into the tunnel because the rocks were so sharp and slippery, but it was just me being a worry wart. They did great. I can't wait to do that again sometime--so fun!

When we got to Snowflake, my mom had spud nuts ready for the kids to frost. They loved it. They also got a practice ride in Uncle Nolan's trash can train and loved it. On Saturday they got to ride in the train for the parade and had SO MUCH FUN! After the parade they played hard with cousins and got to ride the horse with Abbie. Later that night we watched the fireworks. So nice to get away....good times

7 comments:

Melissa said...

darling family! Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun. :D

Rubalcavas said...

Your family goes on the coolest little trips! The trash can train was awesome too! What a fun weekend.

debbiedennism said...

The Pioneer Days was a lot of fun. I'm glad we got to hang out at your moms. My kids loved having so many other kids so close to their age.

Anonymous said...

Love your new picture! What a beautiful family!

Cori said...

How funny! My great grandpa owned a spudnut shop in Showlow way back when. Snowflake is such a neat place.

Anonymous said...

How fun! I don't think any kind of convincing could get me in that Lava Tunnel! Brandon was there in Snowflake with a bunch of friends from the singles ward, I'll have to ask him about the trash can train and your 92 year old grandfather! Hey do you have a recipe for those delicious looking spud nuts?! My oldest sister lives in Snowflake, too bad she is not LDS, she sure is missing out on all the fun!

Jaime G. Fryer said...

The trash can train is AWESOME! I wish I could take a ride on it:-) Now you got me craving some spud nuts! Fun trip, Misty:-) When is the Big New York trip?