Sunday, November 9, 2008

Lemonade/Hot Chocolate sale

Saturday was our community's garage sale. My kiddos took advantage of this and set up their first Lemonade and Hot Chocolate stand. They did a great job. They made signs for it the night before. Olivia took care of the money and serving the customers. Grantman held one of the signs up as people were driving or walking by to bring in the customers. Isaac wanted to sell toys instead, so he picked out a few and sat by them. It was a little hairy at first when people were only buying hot chocolate and not any toys from Isaac. But then thankfully he had a few customers as well and then he couldn't have been happier about the whole thing. People were so generous. The kids got three times the money in tips than from actual sales. They got pretty good at looking at people walking by with the sad puppy dog eyes. Grant would turn so that they could read his sign clear until they past us. It was so funny, they were excellent at getting the sympathy/cute sales. I'm excited for next year. We will expand and add cookies and brownies too. Good times.
Isaac consoling himself with hot chocolate since he hadn't made a sale yet. (yes those are his sandals and its November, We never stop wearing our summer shoes!)

Open and ready for business

Granters in charge of advertising

Olivia - customer service


6 comments:

CASSIE said...

How fun! I never knew you could make money off those...(well, kid money that is) :) Thanks so much for the bow! I will defineatly try and make some and let you know how it goes!

Flaherty Fam said...

Oh, that's so cute! What a fun idea.

Anonymous said...

That's great! Can I get in on this business? I'm afraid I am pass the cute and sad puppy dog eyes! Congrats to your clever kids, I know where they get it from!

debbiedennism said...

That is too cute. I will have to remember the hot chocolate for when (and if) I have a yard sale.

The Self's said...

Who could ever resist a child's pleading eyes? You should make some of your mom's YUMMY 'spudnuts' next time...you'd make a fortune!! :D

Marie said...

I saw the signs that day and wondered if it might be your kiddos. Guess I should have walked aroud the corner and cheked it out. Too cute!