Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas

Christmas this year was WONDERFUL! It was a great month. I'm sad to see it go. We went to the Hooper Christmas party. That was loads of fun. Ryan was given an obsessive compulsive action figure, a cat poster, and an I heart Kobe shirt. Lets just say Ryan's family is very talented when it comes to the gag gifts. LOL It was fun to see everyone and let the kids play and as always, there was tons of delicious food!

Christmas eve was a nice quiet day at home for us. We did crafts, made cookies for Santa, played games, watched home movies, made gingerbread houses, had a taco dinner feast, read/acted out the nativity, walked around the neighborhood, and read 'twas the night before Christmas. Mostly we just tried to have fun with the kids so the day would go by fast for them. Isaac told me that he was going to be his "goodest behave" that day. Grant readied his B.O.M. for Santa. He wrote his testimony in it and everything. Olivia also wrote Santa a note encouraging him to read it. Poor Isaac took a nap at 4pm on Christmas eve. When it was time for bed he was still wide awake. He was trying so hard to go to sleep, but was so excited. I think he finally went to sleep around 9:30 or so (for my kiddos, that is just about as late as midnight).

We told our kids that if they woke up during the night they could sneak into our room to see what time it was, and as long as the first number on the clock said 5 or higher they could wake us up. Grant was the only waker-upper. I heard him a few times, and then I could tell someone was standing by me, but I was still asleep. He was standing there watching my clock It must have been 4:58 or 4:59, because right at 5am he yelled Merry Christmas. He then ran to wake up O and I. I heard Isaac shout WOOHOO! when Grant woke him up. Then Isaac came in and said that he "slept in heavenly peas". LOL Eldon and Stefani came over to watch our Christmas morning. It was really fun to have company and see there reactions too!

Later Christmas day we drove to Snowflake. It was again loads of fun and laughs, and ridiculous amounts of delicious food. We had a fun white elephant party where we tried to re-gift Ryan's OCD action figure, but he still ended up with it. (Could that be a sign??? J/k hubby...I don't think an engineer could NOT be at least a little OCD!) The next morning it Snowed, and the kids were thrilled.

Thanks everyone for all the gifts, laughs, fun, and memories! Can't wait 'til next year!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The nativity was precious! It's so nice to see Ryan taking such a big part in all the celebrating, he's a rare gem, but then you know that!

Jaime G. Fryer said...

Hey Misti! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Looks like we both have great taste in choosing a blog background! Your blog is way cute, and so are your kiddos! I'm glad you all had a fun Christmas:-) I love your idea of the Polar Express Party. I'm adding you to my blog list. Feel free to add me to yours! See you on Sunday.