Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter fun

Happy Easter! We have been celebrating all week. We went to the Easter Pageant earlier this week. We sat closer than we'd ever been before. As always it was awesome. Me and the kiddos were going to sign up for it this year, but somehow missed the audition dates. Hopefully next year we can do it. We decorated Easter eggs today (Friday) since there is no school. Thankfully no die spills on my kitchen counter, and thankfully Seth took a little nap while all this fun was going on and woke up just in time to get in the picture.
Here's the loot. I had to take a picture of the eggs so they could always remember them after I had mentioned to the kids that we'd be eating some of them. That is such a hard thing for me every year. We mess up our kitchen making the eggs, then we either have to eat them or throw them away in a few days. I still do it, but I stopped feeling guilty about trying to get everyone to eat them before they go bad. Now I figure I bought them on sale, and I'd pay WAY more than that price NOT to have to eat them! I like an occasional deviled egg and a small serving of potato salad, but enough is enough.
The kiddos with their favorite eggs.

I gave Seth one of the eggs that wasn't died...straight to the mouth it goes. At least its not covered in die and glue and glitter!
(FYI) before I get tons of questions about it, yes that is a patch on Grant's eye. He has to wear one for a whole MONTH in hopes that it will make his weak eye stronger. Yesterday he came in crying because some of the neighbor kids were calling him a pirate. Next week he starts wearing it all day at school. Wish us luck, it may be a LONNNNGGGGG month. poor kid.

Olivia with some of the multitude from the Easter pageant


The boys with a "knight" (Isaac's words). lol

5 comments:

debbiedennism said...

Very cute. We were going to go to the Easter Pageant last night but Dennis had to work late. Good thing because after dinner Kaytlinn started feeling yucky. We will be doing our eggs tomorrow night. Eggs don't last long around our house so we have to wait until the last minute to color them.

debbiedennism said...

I forgot to mention. That last picture of Isaac reminds me so much of Nick and a little bit of Gannon.

Rubalcavas said...

Those are some good looking eggs! That would be so awesome for you and your kids to audition! I thought about doing that for the Palmyra pageant, buts its just a little too far away.

Anonymous said...

That's neat, I hope you all do the pageant some day. The eggs are beautiful!

Julee said...

Poor Grant man, but at the same time lucky to be a pirate!! Isn't that every little boys dream!! lol j/k I love all of the pictures you got at the pageant!! You should definately do it next year!!!