Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Marshmallows/Dress up

These past few weeks have been extra busy, but we still got some fun in too. Since Ryan had the big boys at karate and Seth was sleeping, O and I played some dress up. I have some super fun dresses (thanks to my super seamstress mom) and O really had fun trying them on. She even talked me into putting a few of them on. Here's the picture O took of me...hee hee
I couldn't figure out how to work the timer on the camera to get a picture of us both all dressed up. This was us trying to get a shot of us all fancy. I love this picture because O was giggling so much. :)
The "Belle" shot

She put her wings on for this one. So fun--

This dress was "itchy" to her, but she still wanted a picture


She LOVED this one, thought it looked like something Arial would wear
On to the marshmallows--
We have a complicated schedule that involves jobs, seating arrangements in the car, and which kid gets to choose FHE treat. Mostly I let the kids pick whatever they want for FHE. If for some reason I can't do it, then they get to choose a lunch treat (nutty bars, oatmeal cream pies etc) since they almost never get those. Anyhoo, it was Isaac's week to choose, and he wanted marshmallows. I stole an idea from the YW days and had the kids make stuff with the marshmallows in hopes that they'd make more and eat less. Well, they ate a ton of them, but we had a great time. I'll definitely do this again sometime. Lots of happy togetherness. :)
(Half of our pics of this are on our other camera, I'll post those later--very creative)





6 comments:

Rubalcavas said...

I remember those dresses! Wasn't the teal one the one you wore for the little miss pageant when you sang New York New York?

debbiedennism said...

Your such a good mom to play dress up.

Anonymous said...

Trying agin, last time it wouldn't let me leave comments! I'm glad you all are so happy!

The Hoopers said...

LOL Vanessa, yep thats one of them. Now I'm curious where that other one is...

Jaime G. Fryer said...

So fun for you and Olivia to play dress up in your old school dresses! I love it. I could never fit into my dresses that I wore back in the day.

Julee said...

What a cute marshmellow idea!!!! lol I love it!!! And how priceless is the dress up party!!!!! HOW FUN!!! Can we come next time!!???