Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter. I LOVE when Easter is the same time as conference. What a great weekend it has been. We went to the Easter pageant--so amazing every year! We've colored Easter Eggs (only a dozen, because none of enjoy eating them) Had lots of candy, Olivia and I wore our matching skirts, and the boys wore their matching ties. And we are enjoying conference (as much as we can streaming it online....WHY ISN'T IT ON TV???)

I didn't get a picture of us last Sunday in our new Easter clothes (crazy, crazy morning) so we'll have to re-create it, so I have my "Easter picture" out by our tree before church. :)

This picture has nothing to do with anything, it just makes me smile to see a naked baby running around in a Bumble Bee mask. He wears this allllllll the itme. lol
Olivia took her BFF Alyson with us to the Easter Pageant. She's never seen it before and she LOVED it. I'm happy that Olivia wanted to share it with her friend.

We LOVE all the nice people that will take pictures with my kiddos. It means the world to them.
They even let both boys get a chance to hold the sword and wear the helmet.
We are enjoying our wonderful conference weekend. It comes with the requisite fruit salad, veggie tray, puzzles, NEW crayons, and this year TOO MUCH Easter candy too. Love, love LOVE family time. :)
In other news, we are happy to announce (ok, brag a teeny bit...) that Olivia won first place in the 4th grade ALP Math Olympiads. Math is an almost daily topic at our dinner table, Ryan is always quizzing the kids on either math or geography. We are glad she is doing well. As she is getting older and doing harder math stuff, I'm seriously getting worried. There have been several times where we had to wait 'til dad got home to make sure I told her the right way to do something, and there have been several times that we almost called one of our neighbors who used to be a teacher to help us out because neither of us could figure out how to do a problem in a way she'd understand. Thankfully she figures out most stuff on her own, because mom and dad are starting to worry that we won't be able to keep up!!!

This has been a big week for Livvy, she also passed off her floor routine in Gym and gets to start learning a new one! I'm really excited for her. She loves having a new challenge. :)

1 comment:

melynde said...

Imagine my delight when I click on your blog only to hear one of my ALL-TIME favorite songs, 'Faithfully' by Journey. My, my what grrrrreat taste my sister-friend has!!! :)
LOVE this Easter post. The kids all look so darling! Congratulations to Olivia on her math win and on her gymnastics!
The little buggy picture is hilarious! ALSO, I love the updated individual pictures you have of the kids in white at the temple! WHAT A GREAT FAMILY you and Ryan have!!!! LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!