Saturday, July 19, 2008

20 Years Ago...

I've seen this on a few blogs, and I thought it would be fun to do to.

20 years ago...
I was getting ready for 4th grade. My teacher was Mr. Jackson. I remeber I did NOT like doing long division. I was excited because it was the first year I'd get to walk home for lunch and after school. So far thats pretty much all I remember about that year. I guess thats one of the reasons we should be keeping journals!

10 years ago...
It was my first year at EAC. I LOVED college! I was working as a voice lesson accompanist. I was a music major. I loved my music classes, voice, aural perception, theory etc. I hoped I'd get homework in those classes. :P Ryan showed up at EA that semester. He was such a cutie (still is!). I didn't know his name for sure, but everyone called him Hooper. He hung out with me on choir tour and it made me feel SO cool!

5 years ago...
I was married and had 2 kids by then. We were still living in the scary house (anyone who visited us there understands) Ryan had just graduated from ASU and was working at Motorola. We were anticipating getting into our new house. Olivia was 2 and Grant was 1 and just started walking.

1 year ago...
Ryan and I went on a super fun trip to Cancun! We had a great time, but also discovered that we can't sit still relaxing on the beach for too long, gotta be going, going, going. We also went to San Diego. The kiddos had fun going to Leggo Land. Olivia was 6, and in 2nd grade. Grant 5, started kindergarten. Isaac 3, was in preschool. We were enjoying getting to know our new ward that was created recently.

This year...
So far we welcomed baby Seth to our family! Mostly we were preparing for that. My bro-in-law went on his mission to Brazil. My sweet sister got married, went to a reunion, and my youngest bro got engaged. We got through school and the kids are doing great in their classes. Currently we are enjoying summer with swim lessons, gymnastics, summer movies etc. and trying to stay out of the heat.

Yesterday...
I did a little laundry (but not enough :P) Took the kids school shopping. Got a cold.

Today...
Feeling a little better from my cold. Cleaned the kitchen. Wrote stories with Olivia. Took the kids to their primary activity. Went grocery shopping. Typed almost this entire post with only one hand! (holding Seth with the other). Practiced piano.

Tomorrow...
Get ready for Church. Fix lunch. Relax. (I LOVE Sundays!!!)

2 comments:

The Self's said...

What a cute idea! I just might steal this one from you =).

Anonymous said...

Your blogs are so interesting and nice!