Saturday, July 12, 2008

"It was totally worth it!"

Today my little Olivia got her ears pierced. The plan was to get them for her eighth birthday, but I got a really great idea from my sis-in-law Donna to do it early so it wouldn't get in the way of her being excited for her baptism. She did this with her daughter, and I wanted to do it for Olivia too. So today was the day!

Olivia was so excited. She been wanting ears pierced for years, so it was a BIG DEAL! She said that she was 99% excited, and 1% scared. Once she was sitting in the chair waiting she said that she was 97% excited and 3% scared. She was much braver than me when I went through it. She looks super cute, and LOVES them. Later on we were walking around in the mall and I could tell that they were hurting her. I asked her if she was OK, she said that they hurt a little but that it was totally worth it! (:P beauty is pain, stefani! -inside joke- ). I'm happy for Olivia, but my heart is a little broken today for how grown up she is getting. Where has the time gone? Just two months 'til she is baptized. I am so grateful for my Olivia. She is my best-est girl friend ever! I wish everyone could have a daughter to be girly, and best friends with.



6 comments:

Ashley said...

WHew cute girl!!! I want a baby girl do things like this with....I will keep my fingers crossed that some day we will.

Rubalcavas said...

How fun! I took Maura when she was 16 mo, so she doesn't remember it...but she loves them now. I still can't believe how big Olivia is either...where has the time gone?

Angela said...

Yeah Olivia!!!! They look so cute in the picture:)

Anonymous said...

That's so cute! Her profile really looks like yours Misti! I do envy you having a girl to share so much with, I did what I could with my boy and I still think were "buds" or friends1

Angela said...

AWWWWW those cards where so cute :) Thanks for the letters. Jade was so excited to get mail! The reunion was a blast. I didnt want it to end either. Can't wait to see ya all in a few weeks! :)

Julee said...

Oh Olivia!!! How exciting!!!! You are a beauty queen!!!