Monday, September 15, 2008

Olivia's Baptism

My little girl is baptized! It was a WONDERFUL day. I knew the day would be happy, but I had no idea how joyful it would be for her or me. Olivia was so excited. She came running into my room that morning so excited that it was her baptism day. She had me fighting back the happy tears all day. Her baptism was so sweet. (THE MOST SWEETEST!!!) ;) I am so proud of her.
I love this picture. This smile was there all day long. Her little suit is the same one I wore when I was baptized.


In her white dress.

On Sunday she sang a solo with the ward choir. She did a beautiful job. They sang "Love is Spoken Here" (Olivia sang the first part, and the choir sang the second) Not to shabby for an eight-year-old to hold her part all on her own! (Grant can do it too!) I'll need to record that I guess!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was on the verge of tears during Olivia's whole song. Then when you got up from the piano fighting back tears I burst! Isn't motherhood the best?

Hope said...

Halle is turning 7 on the 25th and this entire month I've been in disbelief that she's got one more year to go before making that big decision to be baptized. Seeing your post made me even more excited. Can you believe our girls are at that point???

Beautiful dress! Made my Mom, no doubt--you always do such a great job. My family's lucky if I hem pants straight! :)

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have heard your angel sing! The dress is so beautiful on your beautiful girl!

Melanie said...

Awww! Look how beautiful Olivia is!!! Congrats on the baptism! Your baby is a doll! We miss Issac this year! Glad you found me!

Rubalcavas said...

How neat...her dress is beautiful! Did you make it?

Dustin and Tara said...

That is neat she was baptized in the same outfit that you were. And her dress is gorgeous! What a special day, I love how she is just glowing.

Brandis said...

How exciting! I'm glad you all had such a great experience. Her dress is absolutely beautiful!!

Colburns said...

Yeah I couldn't stop crying when she was singing. Her dress turned out utterly amazing!! Great Job Misty!