Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas excitement

We put up our Christmas decorations the Saturday after Thanksgiving. It was fun, and then long and hard, and then fun again. It took most of the day, but the kiddos were really good to help out. Its hard for me to find the balance between me wanting everything to go up in a really organized way, and the kids who want to dig through the boxes to find the things THEY are excited to put up. I think I did better this year and let the kids run the show a little more. I mean does it really matter if we hang stockings before putting out the calendars? The only thing I insisted was that they had to wait 'til I put the lights on the trees before they could hang ornaments. They were OK with this once I explained how we don't want to see the cord, just the pretty stuff. Anyway, I am very thankful to be a mom and have a sweet hubby, and wonderful little cuties to share the holidays with. They keep Christmas magical and exciting. They wanted to sleep down stairs in the living room that night with the Christmas trees as the night light. I loved that they wanted to do that. I remember getting to do that as a kid and it was so fun to just look at the beautiful Christmas tree. Good times!

3 comments:

Rubalcavas said...

We always wanted to camp out on the floor when the christmas tree was up too! Its fun that your kids are having the same kind of fun...what a good mom!

Anonymous said...

That's so nice! Hold on to all those wonderful memories, they will always be so cherished and treasured!

Anonymous said...

Man! I noticed on Sunday...Seth doesn't look like a little baby anymore! He's his own little person now. I can't beleive how fast it goes!