Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sleeping in


Since the weather has been cooler, and the sun doesn't rise so early, my kiddos are having a harder time waking up in the mornings (same for me too!) . I had told them all week that on Saturday we wouldn't wake them up and they could sleep in a little. They were really excited for this. I don't think they thought for even a second that this was a nice way for ME to get to sleep in. Anyway, my sweet little Grant comes into my room EARLY Saturday morning...


Grant: (loudly whispering) Mom....Mom?.....MOM!!!

Me: (jolting awake worried that I'm going to get puked on or something) what Grant?

Grant: Can you please tell dad not to wake me up because I want to sleep in?


Ryan and I giggled about that for about ten minutes and then gave up and got out of bed to start the day.

By the way, everyone that did get to sleep in was still up by 6:30. LOL

I guess I need to rethink my mom wants to sleep in strategy for next Saturday!

2 comments:

debbiedennism said...

My strategy is "send them to Grandma's on Friday night." LOL So we don't get that very often but it's nice when we can.

Anonymous said...

That picture of Seth is sooo cute it looks just like the professional ones!