Sunday, May 3, 2009

Ode to SHOES

I LOVE shoes. I prefer having lots of cheap CUTE shoes than just a couple of expensive ones. Right now I don't have too many just because its harder to get out shopping with four little ones and because its tight times right now...(so sick of allllllllll the economy talk, when will it end???) and because Ryan hasn't had to travel for almost a year which has been WONDERFUL, but I have no excuse for my I'M SAD RYAN IS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD FOR I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG, BUT NEW SHOES WILL MAKE IT A LITTLE EASIER shoe shopping.
So anyway, I NEEDED to go shoe shopping. This is one of my favoritest (sp? word??) things. I shoe shop all the time but just look and not buy. But now I had an excuse. We are going on vacation later this month and my current sneaks give me blisters if I wear them too long. (elastic stretched out from wearing them 10 months preggers and swollen as big as a whale, and yes I said elastic...kid shoes people...) (Is it bad that I'm a bit grateful for this?;) Here's the problem though, I needed functional shoes, not necessarily CUTE shoes. That almost seems like a waste of money to me. Why buy shoes if they're not ridiculously cute!? But I don't want to spoil the vacay with blisters so I get functional ones. They are still pretty cute, but its slim picking in my size. Oh well.
I get home with my new shoes + shoes for Grant, Seth, and another pair for me (BOGO!). I LOVE LOVE LOVE my "CUTE" pair, and I like fine my functional pair. I can't wait to wear them both so the next day I wear my cuties. I don't know what it is, but having cute shoes to wear made me want to look nicer too. I spent a lot more time on hair and makeup and wore jewelry too! It made me feel bad that I need new super cute shoes to want to dress up nice, but what can you do? A girl's got the right to be lovin' her shoes...

For the inquiring minds...here's the CUTE, not practical
And my no blisters functionals... (I hope they aren't too young for me. Oh well, too late now)


10 comments:

Ashley said...

Haha I didn't know you liked shoes that much!! I LOVE Bargain hunting for cute shoes....I had to finally make a rule that if I bring a pair home that another pair had to go (I ran out of room in the closet)

Hope said...

Oooh! A vacation! Where to? Just you and Ryan or the whole fam?

P.S. I have the same "cute" pair but in yellow! What great taste we've got!

Anonymous said...

OOOHHH I'm Jealous! I have been dying for an excuse to buy those shoes (but I wanted them in the yellow!) Way to go! And I ALWAYS notice...you DO wear the CUTEST SHOES!!!

Angela said...

OHHHH do I love this post. It came straight from my heart too. I LOVE LOVE LOVE shoes. I too have hundreds (ok not that many) of cheap CUTE shoes too. Funny thing is I also own those super cute navy and white one's! OH and my girls.....same BAD very BAD habbit has happened to be their favorite thing too! ooops :)

Julee said...

Alright Mysti, 1st of all I LOVE YOUR NEW SHOES!!!!!!!!! And 2ndly I am a little obsessed with shoes too although I don't know the last time I bought a new cute pair(I have to avoid the shoe section lol) You are making me want to go shoe shopping like crazy!!! You know where a shoe haven is?? LAST CHANCE!!! They have hundreds of shoes for super cheap...lots around only $10.00 when you hit the sale days!! We should all save up and go sometime down the road!!! You would love it! And I totally agree that you always have the cutest shoes!!!!!!!

Julee said...

Oh P.S. Where are you guys going!!!??? How fun!!!!!

Rubalcavas said...

oooo...those are cute shoes! I love getting a new pair of shoes...it can make your whole week. Now I want to go shopping.

Anonymous said...

Love the shoes and the reasons to buy them! Have a great vacation, that is any extremely rare event in our house hold, I think the last one was when Brandon was 6!

The Hoopers said...

We are going (whole fam) to Yosemite (sp?) and sequoia parks (California). Gonna show the kiddos some huge trees :)

Julee, lets totally do that!

Sis G, Your going to have to vacay some more sometime!!!

melinda said...

love the striped navy heels! CUTE!

send me an e-mail to azsilvergirl @ yahoo.com if you want an invite to my blog... i needed to go private:)