Sunday, September 27, 2009

More New York

So how much more could there be of our NY trip? SO MUCH MORE!! This is more for my journaling, but you're welcome to read too...

My absolute favorite part of our trip was the Broadway show. My SWEET husband splurged and got us amazing seats to Phantom. (Yes, yes, sure we wanted to see wicked, but we didn't realize those tickets have to purchased way in advance...and besides, we couldn't have gotten such great seats to that :) I gotta say, I know musicals aren't Ryan's favorite thing, but he's always been wonderful in that he knows that there's not much I love more than seeing a great musical, namely family, and church :) Anyway he is so supportive like that. He's been to more than his fair share of concerts, voice recitals, piano recitals etc and he goes with a great attitude and has thoughtful opinions about it afterwards. So anyway it was AWESOME! The man that played the phantom is the only guy in history to have been both the phantom and Jean Val Jean on Broadway. He stole the show. I seriously was brought to tears every time he sang. Well, basically I was crying the whole time. I loved it more than I can say. Only bummer was that I didn't get to sing anything there!!! (well, actually I'm not so sure about singing with the phantom--everyone sounded great 'til he started again and then it was like HOLY COW! that dude can SING!!!!!) Thanks sweetie for helping me check off a bucket list item. Although now I really need to go back and see more! ;-)

After our show. I loved seeing all the lights!
Ryan at times square

Me at the Majestic. My favorite seats, front row grand tier...NO TALL PEOPLE CAN SIT IN FRONT OF ME!!!!! (I know what you're thinking...stadium seats everyone can see...NOT TRUE! Tall people still sit in front of me ugh! Seriously, how dare they be so tall? J/K)


Outside the theatre. No, that wasn't our limo :( j/k lol


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have been right there crying with you! You are blessed with a wonderful husband who does for you even if it's not his favorite! He should teach others!

Jaime G. Fryer said...

I so want to see Phantom! We saw Wicked and Marry Poppins in New York. Our hotel was right there in Times Square. Loved all the lights, too!