Sunday, October 26, 2008

Grant the Missionary


Grant was reading 'Twas the Night Before Christmas and he came to the part of "a pipe he held tight in his teeth and the smoke encircled his head like a wreath." He was really upset by this. He asked me why Santa was smoking. I was really caught off guard by this and was trying to figure out how to answer that. Then before I could say anything he said maybe Santa hadn't heard about the Word of Wisdom yet. Then he asked me if on Christmas Eve we could leave a copy of the Book of Mormon with Santa's cookies so he could learn about our church and that Heavenly Father doesn't want us to smoke. (This is where my heart bursts with joy!!!) Now I can't wait for Christmas Eve because we have an extra special gift for Santa from my sweet Grant.

7 comments:

Lorianne said...

Oh my,
That brought tears to my eyes!! What in the world would Santa be smoking for????? LOL!! Thanks for sharing!!

Brandis said...

I don't know whether to laugh or get choked up! I love when kids say things like that and give us grown-ups some insight into what it's like to be an innocent child. On top of that, they're pretty funny too! :)

Anonymous said...

That really did bring tears to my eyes- YOU ARE SUCH A GREAT MOM!

Hope said...

Thanks for sharing that story! I read it to Brett and we both reacted with a tilt of the head and a giant, "Ahhhhhh..."

CUTE!

debbiedennism said...

How sweet....

Anonymous said...

Love the couch and pumpkin photos! When I was about 2 and had just 3 sisters my Mom did the same photo, with the oldest holding the youngest! If my sister ever finishes applying the photos and sends them on dvd, maybe I'll post it! What a sweetie, I remember having a discussion with Brandon about that very same thing!

Julee said...

Oh my goodness, you have the best little boy!!!!! What a smart guy with an AMAZING little heart!! I hope my kids can turn out half as good as yours are!!!