Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Conference

I always LOVE conference weekend. That is one time when I feel like we really have the family togetherness going on. We usually have all sorts of goodies and snacks and activities to help us be good listeners. I think I colored more pictures than my kids! I totally didn't plan enough variety in the quiet activities this time though, By the Sunday afternoon session the grouchies were coming on strong. Our favorite treat this time was these pretzel hugs that I got off of Holly's blog. Thank You Holly! They are sooooo good!!! We had those finished by Sat. afternoon. I loved the talks and the music. One awesome thing was that there were quite a few references to 1 John Chapter 4 which was where Isaac's scripture from the primary program came from. He was so excited when he heard the reference. Another really cool thing was that my kids are getting old enough to actually pay attention and listen. So fun! Six more months and we can do it again!

Another thought from Isaac:
Isaac: Mom, you know whats so fun about conference?
Me: What?
Isaac: You let us bring food upstairs. Usually we have to just sneak it!

-Atleast he's honest about the sneaking right?

4 comments:

melinda said...

I always love conference weekend too. Coloring is a huge memory of mine and will be for my kids too, I'm sure. Sounds like Isaac has a fun memory about those weekends that he'll always remember. Cute, the things kids get excited about!

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS! I love the honesty of children! I will call you tomorrow to plan your LONG OVERDUE photo sessions!!!

Anonymous said...

That's great! I love your kids honesty! Conference is such a "refresher!" and a strength builder, we are so fortunate!

The Self's said...

Your Isaac is so cute...made me laug :D