Saturday, February 28, 2009

Shopping lists

I love that some of my kiddos are old enough to write. This means while I'm doing something upstairs, I can have one of them go write something on the list as soon as I think of it. Then I don't forget, because its obvious I can't remember stuff unless its written down, and even then I'll be lucky to get out of the store with it. Anyway, O and G like this responsibility and take the liberty to add other items to the list they think I should get. Reminds me of the days I'd want something and would tell my mom "just write a check!"

For those not used to 1st grader hand writing, I'll translate...
spoons
drano
(these were the two things I asked them to write for me)
pet turtle
cream soda
nachos
hermit crab
Jello
sausage pizza
toys
go to the drag races
tickets to Disneyland
s'more poptarts
ice cream

For the record, I did get the nachos and jello. Gotta let them have a little fun right?

6 comments:

The Self's said...

That's just priceless!!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! Especially turtle and hermit crab- so creative!!!

Hope said...

Please tell me you're keeping that list in a scrapbook or something! They'll love looking at that in 10 years!

Rubalcavas said...

That was hilarious! T.J. and I were cracking up.

debbiedennism said...

While you are buying tickets to Disneyland can you add 5 more for us? LOL That is so cute.

Anonymous said...

I still get lists like that! I have to admit though, some of the unusual parts or items are actually mine!